Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Celebration!

For my two weeks anniversary (an occasion worth celebrating) of surviving Thailand more or less gracefully (you can decide after reading this blog), I treated myself to a spicy tuna salad. Of course this being Thailand, I don't know what to expect. I imagine something along the line of, you know, peppered tuna on a leaf of lettuce or two, but you never really know. After rice for breakfast (with green curry, vegetables and tofu) and rice for lunch (the sticky kind with mango and coconutsauce), I fancied a change, and I must admit, I'm not dissapointed.
I also did a bit of therapy shopping today, because I'm taking preventive malaria-medication and I call this urge a side-effect, next to the sleepiness. Also being forced in a local, hired outfit (I wasn't decent enough to enter the Grand Palace apparently) consisting of a, let's say loosefitting, synthetic blouse combined with a ankle-length wrapskirt (annex picnic-blanket) and almost ditching the 500 Baht deposit so I could keep these items, I realised how bored I am with the clothes that I brought with me.
The mute woman at the stall made some awkward noises, before it dawned on me that she was 'talking' to me. She blew up her mouth and cheeks, holding her arms in an uncharming manner on her hips and sticking out her non-existing belly. I guessed she tried to look like a...snowman? Oh. Or like me, I realized as she frantically pointed towards the rail with the 'large' t-shirts. Yeah, yeah, yeah. This would never happen at H&M.
I must be the only tourist in Thailand not losing any weight, but I'm actually finding my clothes tighter as I go along. A fact that has nothing to do with my washbasin-laundry skills, I want to add. Hopefully replacing the Green Ice Teas with water will help. These dearly beloved 'Green' Ice teas contain 13 teaspoons of suger per half liter. I was drinking 2 liters a day. Bare in mind that the iceteas already replaced the ice-coffees (wonderfully delicious, mainly because it consists of condensed milk and even more sugar).
Crap. I don't even like water... Ah well, maybe if I put some in my Ice Teas....

quick recap of the last few days:
Sukothai: lots of ruins, statues and ruined statues.
Bangkok: I met not one, but two Australian backpackers! In their early seventies, brothers-in-law, asking me for directions. Yeah. I know, the irony.
KOC: nobody ever heard of the Moon Star Studios, but I found them and two lovely local students to share the experience (and Erlend-jokes, sorry Erlend) with.

Koh Chang tomorrow, and I plan to get really bored there!

No comments:

Post a Comment