Sunday, October 25, 2009

Law and Order: special coffee victim

Meanwhile back home, they added a new member to the Law and Order family. And even though it's hardly a reason to come back early from a trip to the Philipines or miss out on sleeping in mountains with gorilla's, it is a welcome change for me. After 'criminal intent', 'special victims unit', trial by jury' and 'the one with Mister Big', there is now a UK-edition, and because my motto is 'you cannot have to many British detectives', I am a happy camper.

I celebrated this birth with a cup of coffee. I've been having a lot of coffee lately, actually; there is something comforting about it. I had coffee with friends while discussing either non-existing lovelives or the flourishing ones. I have coffee alone, in the morning to get myself out of the shower (is it bribery if you use it to convince yourself? I wonder, over yet another mug enriched with honey). A smaller espresso at an emotional birthdayparty on saturday evening, to acompany the chocolatecake and cheese (in any particular order). It took me two mugs of coffee and a cup of tea to get through my best friends paper on 'secret language and graphical design', which I had promised to review. Now, this also got me reacquainted with the concept of 'work-delaying behavior'. I now have a clean bathroom (well, it smells like all-purpose cleaner, which is good enough for me) and I took the trash out. Twice. Furthermore I put tile-stickers on my kitchenwall, fabricated two pink felt muffin-shaped cups and written a whole blog on Law, Order, coffee and other life-consuming events that happen back home.

ps. don't worry, I did finish checking the paper

No comments:

Post a Comment