Monday, May 3, 2010

Rotterdam vs the world...

My parents complained that my short videoclip 'suffering selfportraits' was too negative. They felt it didn't portray me fully, that it didn't capture my personality as a whole. Of course not! It's a range of failed selfportraits, of half, blurred, dark or double Therese's. I still think it's hilarious, but I guess we just don't share the same sense of humour. I still wonder where I get mine from... My green eyes and sense of guilt come from my mother. The mystery of why I don't look like my brother remains unsolved, although he seems to relate most to my sarcasm. Also, he is one of the funniest guys I know.
So my mum and dad suggested to make a clip of all the pretty pictures I took on my latest trip to Thailand. And as a good, attentive, obliging daughter, the only appropriate response was:
"Now, where is the fun in that?"
And I did what everybody would do when facing such a challenge:
I made an ode to Rotterdam. Therese-style. Ha! That'll teach them.



Dear mum & dad: I love you guys, but after 31 years you should know what I do with usefull suggestions or good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment